As the need for holiday support arises, we want to circle back with reminders that CHOW group discussions are always available for extra support. We know that the festive season can be particularly challenging for food/beverage/hospitality workers, and we want you to know, YOU ARE NOT ALONE. Free mental health and recovery support is at the tip of your fingers – our online support groups are easily accessible, open to all and available during this time.
Are you concerned about maintaining confidentiality when you join a CHOW group?
We recognize that it can be challenging and intimidating to join a meeting; we create brave spaces for vulnerable sharing, and we want to assure you that our groups are held by folks that understand and value confidentiality as well.
If you feel like you’d like an extra layer of assurance to be able to come join us, we encourage you to take care of yourself and practice the steps above.
We welcome you in ANY WAY that you feel you can show up.
Camera off, mic off, alias in in the chat …
YOU BELONG HERE.
CHOW Holiday Series
CRA Holiday Meals
The holidays — not to mention inflation and other factors — can bring additional stress to you and your teams, and we know that right now, there are likely members of your teams who are in need. To help offset the stress of the season, the CRA Mile High Chapter has teamed up with key partners to provide free holiday meals for four people, consisting of a turkey, sides, and dessert. There are meals available for 50 restaurant workers in the Mile High area and we hope you’ll help us spread the word.
- Each meal feeds four people.
- The meals will include cooked and uncooked items (recipes/instructions will be included).
- The 50 meals will be reserved on a first-requested, first-served basis.
- The deadline to submit a meal request is Friday, December 16. Any restaurant worker employed by a restaurant in the Mile High Chapter region is eligible.
- The meals will need to be picked up at The Noshery (4994 Lowell Blvd, Denver, CO 80221) on Wednesday, December 21, between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.
To request a meal, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Holiday Family Meal Request.”
Your request should include the following:
- The first and last name of the restaurant worker
- The best contact phone number
- The best email address
- The restaurant where the worker is employed
- The preferred meal pick-up time on December 21