Join us this month as we promote awesome community initiatives to invest in mental health, wellness and recovery while honoring the exceptional contributions of our LGBTQ+ community!
Inclusivity in the Workplace
Join us for an Inclusivity Training facilitated by The Center on Colfax/RANGE Consulting.
Where: Ace Eat Serve (501 E 17th Ave, Denver) OR virtually via Zoom
When: Tuesday, June 27, 10 AM – 12 PM
Overview: Inclusion is something that we all seek and deserve in the workplace. Unfortunately, many employees that represent diverse, underrepresented, and underserved identities struggle to feel seen, heard, and respected. In the spirit of PRIDE Month, we are partnering with The Center on Colfax to host a workshop that will highlight the LGBTQ+ community and explore strategies for supporting LGBTQ+ employees, customers, and community. In this session, we will:
- Establish a solid foundation with basic language and terminology
- Discuss the differences between sexual orientation and gender identity, as well as expand on the additional types of diverse identities that fall under the LGBTQ+ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer) umbrella
- Explore affirming practices for engaging with the LGBTQ+ community
- Understand the importance of pronoun usage and its impact on transgender and gender-expansive people
- Learn tips for supporting colleagues that come out as LGBTQ+
- Develop strategies for supporting the community through allyship
- Create a brave space for anyone just starting to learn about LGBTQ+ people to folks in the LGBTQ+ community
Register by visiting: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/inclusivity-in-the-workplace-workshop-tickets-650954651887
June Amuse’ Mental Health Course
This course offers tangible evidenced based skills that everyone can use for themselves or to support a coworker/friend.
After the course, attendees will be able to:
* Identify causes and conditions which support substance misuse and compromised mental health in the hospitality industry
* Identify vocationally specific supports of hospitality workers, even in rural communities
* Recognize multiple pathways to recovery from substance use and co-occurring disorders
These four hours of training are meant to shine light on some of the most pressing issues affecting workplace wellness.
Created for the hospitality industry BY industry peers, this course offers an overview of mental health, wellness and substance use recovery, complemented by resources, applicable skills, and thought provoking conversations.
*Your 15$ placeholder fee will be returned upon course completion unless you choose to donate your placeholder to CHOW.