JOIN US TONIGHT!
Day of the Dead Celebration and Altar Creation at Ross-Barnum Branch Library – YPR
This event offers an opportunity to come together, celebrate the Day of the Dead, and create a commemorative altar in collaboration with the Spanish Services department of Denver Public Library/Biblioteca Pública de Denver.
- Date: October 28, 2023
- Time: 10:30 a.m.
- Location: Ross-Barnum Branch Library – 3570 W. First Avenue, Denver, CO 80219
You don’t need to bring anything as we will provide all the necessary materials for crafting offerings and altar decorations. This event is inclusive and open to adults, children, teenagers, and families.
For more details about the Day of the Dead event and to confirm your attendance, please visit the official page here: Day of the Dead Event Link
Colorado Artists in Recovery (October)
|SPOKEN WORD POETRY WORKSHOP WITH RYAN FLANNIGAN|
|4-Week WorkshopStarts Monday, November 6th7:00pm to 8:30pm|
Free Spiritual Community 2122 S. Lafayette St. Denver, CO 80210
In this four-week workshop, we’ll practice expressing ourselves through spoken-word poetry. We’ll free write together each session, turn those scribbles into poems, find the voice of those poems and then eventually perform them. We won’t share our own poetry right away. We’ll build up to that by first practicing performing other poets’ poems.
The goal is to get feelings down on paper and then let them fly in the air without judgment. This is not an overly-serious class about poetic form or meter. No expectations. No pressure. It’s all about self-expression and having fun with words.
Open to all levels of experience. If you’re not sure writing/performing poetry is for you, this will be a supportive and stress-free environment to give it a try and see.
To register: https://www.coloradoartistsinrecovery.org/spoken-word-poetry-workshop
Health Partnership Upcoming Events
Upcoming Trainings & Important Resources/Information:
- Upcoming Trainings:
- Youth Substance Use Prevention: Addressing the Issues of Our Time will be held on October 12, 2023. The link to register can be found here: https://events.zoom.us/ev/AojXEVeYjWlBAHtiAQgWpyY0blAVxtJihCp-zYNalJ1V54m6O9pP~AvSF2tHxaV5arjyqXeGkK4EV2Wx5omaNfdVscrhXh0rttMtiIma-unlVuw
- What You Need to Know About Xylazine: A Discussion with the American College of Toxicology will be held on October 24, 2023 at 12:30pm. The link to register can be found here: https://nopn.org/webinars/what-you-need-to-know-about-xylazine-a-discussion-with-the-american-college-of-toxicology?mc_cid=a51da63001&mc_eid=ef34220927
- Working with Rural LGBTQIA+ Clients Considerations for Engagement, Assessment & Practice will be held on October 24, 2023 at 12:30pm. The link to register can be found here: https://lgbtqequity.org/learn/
- Panel Discussion on Working with Rural LGBTQIA+ Clients will be held on October 24, 2023 at 12:30pm. The link to register can be found here: https://lgbtqequity.org/learn/
- Utilizing Family Engagement to Improve Outcomes in Drug Treatment Courts: In Research and Practice will be held on October 30, 2023 at 10:30am. The link to register can be found here: https://us06web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_p8BSPepYTA6slo2xxOq0yg#/registration
- Harm Reduction in Action: Language as Harm Reduction will be held on October 31, 2023 at 12:00pm. The link to register can be found here: https://www.nnlm.gov/training/class/harm-reduction-action-language-harm-reduction
- Collaborative Learning Session on Working with Rural LGBTQIA+ Clients will be held on November 14, 2023 at 12:30pm. The link to register can be found here: https://lgbtqequity.org/learn/
- The National Overdose Prevention Summit will be held November 16-17, 2023. The link to register can be found here: https://overdoseleadershipsummit.org/?mc_cid=a51da63001&mc_eid=ef34220927